Clay pot cooking is beneficial in more than one way.
Heat and moisture circulate throughout the pot.
Alkaline nature of the clay maintains ph balance.
I use only clay pots for cooking. You try too and see the health benefits for yourself.
Simple chicken ghee roast in a clay pot
- Boil chicken in water- add lemon juice, salt, pepper and turmeric to the water.
- Boil for 10-15 mins
- Heat 2 tbsp ghee in your clay pot
- Add- sliced green chilies, curry leaves, red chili paste, ginger-garlic paste
- Stir and fry for 5 mins
- Add your boiled chicken (keep the water to use later)
- Stir well
- Add tomato puree and chicken broth- add little
- Stir well
- Cover pot- cook for 5-10 mins.
- Serve with coriander or bay leaves.
Pepper Chicken in Clay Pot- Healthy and Tasty
- Marinate chicken with lemon juice, salt, pepper, and green chillies (sliced).
- Heat two tbsp oil/ghee to your clay pot
- Add crushed garlic cloves- stir and wait for garlic to release aroma (do not let it burn)
- Add chicken, stir, cover clay pot.
- Add little water after ten mins- stir well, cover pot.
- Remove from heat after ten more mins.
- Garnish with herbs of your choice- basil/coriander/ parsley.
Note: Use Garlic and pepper well as they enhance the flavor as well as add a lot of health benefits- use crushed pepper cloves
Green peas rice in a clay pot- simple, tasty, and healthy.
- Heat 2 tbsp ghee in your clay pot- keep on medium flame.
- Add sliced green chilies, whole pepper balls, garlic cloves, bay leaves- fry for two to three mins
- Add chopped onion- fry till golden brown
- Add rice of your choice- One to two cups depending on the size of the pot- stir well
- Add water till rice is immersed- stir
- Add your green peas- one to two cups depending on your quantity of rice
- Add salt to taste.
- Cover pot and cook for about Ten mins till the rice is done and water has evaporated.
- Garnish with coriander.